Get notified when new content is posted
About This Site
Hi, I’m Michael. I live in Seoul, Korea, and I have Type 2 diabetes. I also have gout. And a fake eye. And I’m pretty sure I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
If you really want to know more, and I can’t imagine why you would, go here.
Follow on Instagram
Message for a followback!
→ Amazon.com wants me to tell you the following: “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Now you know. Diabetics got bills to pay!
If you don’t have a food scale, you should get one!
I use mine to reliably measure how much of a certain food I’m eating when I do before-and-after blood sugar tests. Basic food scales are cheap. You can also get fancy ones that provide nutritional information.
Check Your BMI
- I knew that eating Vietnamese pho would go badly, but …
- Japchae (Korean glass noodles) revisited: Still delicious! And still SO bad on the glucose
- This is how I keep my A1C low!
- Hail, Caesar! The salad, not the Greek dictator
- Dear Watermelon, I LOVE YOU
- Oh, you have diabetes? Here, have some ICE CREAM :D
- Bell peppers revisited – turns out they won’t kill you after all!
- This iced latte did NOT do “a latte” to move my blood sugar
- Rum is made from sugarcane, so it kills diabetics … right? Wrong!
- I knew this sub sandwich wasn’t gonna do me any favors!
Accu-Chek Instant Accu-Chek Performa acupuncture bananas blood glucose monitor Blood sugar before and after blood sugar monitor blood sugar on Metformin blood sugar readings Braun Omnitest 3 burritos Campbell's soup Caresens N cheese chicken chocolate coffee Coke Zero Diabex Eastern medicine eggs fast food flour tortillas foods that are bad for diabetics foods that are safe for diabetics fried chicken fruit herpes zoster junk food KFC Korean food Metformin Mexican food Neurontin pizza postherpetic neuralgia raw vegetables salad shingles Subway sandwich sweets tacos type 2 diabetes Ultracet ER Vietnamese food